mercoledì 5 novembre 2008

Rainy days


It has passed quite some days since it started raining here in Trento and it doesn't seem to stop. Temperatures have dropped and outside it's chilly. In the mountains around the city it has snowed on the highest peaks and you can feel it in the air because it's much colder than the previous weeks. Moreover every day it's dark sooner and sooner and we have started to light candles around the house to make the atmosphere warmer...

Ely has started to bake seasonal sweets thanks to his uncle who is a farmer and every autumn give us lots of apples. So she just baked incredible sweet apple nests with apricot jam inside. They are soooo yummy! Ely always spoils me like this! Thank you, honey! I love you.
What I also like about this baking thing is that in the house you can smell the flavour of this sweets when they are cooked into the oven. I love that smell. (^_^)

1 commento:

Jenny ha detto...

I bet it's beautiful in Trento- I can imagine it's wonderful in fall and winter.

Did I ever give you the puffed pancake recipe? I can't remember...but I hope you get a chance to eat that as well. Especially if you have a surplus of apples!