giovedì 8 ottobre 2009

A little bit of everything!

Oh my! These last few weeks have been a whirlwind for me and Ely.

1. Ely's photography project is going on, with - in my opinion - great results in terms of pictures taken and overall quality of the images. It's difficult for her to find the time to go out and photograph, but as soon as possible she takes the camera and goes! The last time, it was at my grandparent's house in Pieve di Bono. They have quite a big yard and some grapes, that are used to make a little wine. So Ely could take some pictures of my cousins, of the grapes and of the places where the wine is produced and stored. Here are some samples:


2. We are moving into a new bigger office. I was busy thinking and planning the new design and the new forniture. We are now preparing to put down a new floor and install doors. The floor will be a grey oak, for the walls of the reception and the distribution areas Ely suggested a tiffany blue (considering that the forniture will be wengè (dark brown). For the offices, walls will be in light sand. For the conference room, I have planned a very modern and trendy forniture, will almost all by Kartell. Have a look!
Does anyone have suggestions for wall colors, forniture, etc...? I know there are many of you (readers and friends) who have a very good taste in these things! So, please...let me know your ideas!

3. Last Saturday my cousin Elena and my friend Fabry got married in Levico. We really had a good time with all the family. The bride and the groom were really nice and we enjoyed the time together. They are leaving soon for their honeymoon in Japan. Good trip, guys! Have fun and take many many photos to show us! Ely and I are also looking forward planning the honeymoon in Japan, when the time for the wedding will come (no date yet! We will keep you updated!!!). We missed grandparents Luigi and Teresa who couldn't come to the wedding because of their difficulties to move around. :(
Here are some of the photos of the wedding day taken by Ely and I.

4. In a record time we are planning a 4-day mini vacation to Lisbon, Portugal next week. We haven't really much an idea of what we will see or how to do once in Lisbon, but it will be fun to discover the city step by step...and Ely can't wait to start photographing the geometries of the azulejos (tiles) and we are expecting a warm weather (probably for the last time this year!!!). For the occasion I made a little present to Ely, buying her a new Canon lens 70-300mm. She will be able to photograph all the particulars of the Portugal's capital. I bet, it will be fun! (and I am really looking forward to eat the would famous Pasteis in Belem!).

But, we won't forget the next upcoming 10 on 10 in 2 days! Ely is ready to photograph...and I have already in mind a theme. Happy photographing, folks! :)

-M


4 commenti:

Jenny ha detto...

is that a new haircut for Ely I see? so cute!

i LOVED the tiles in Lisbon..it may have been my favorite part...oh and the guy who plays an acordian while a little puppy sits on his shoulder and holds a bucket for change.

have so much fun!

La Dolce Vita ha detto...

Oh, yes! I do remember the video you and Jeff took in Lisbon of the guy with the puppy...who knows if he will be still there?!? :)

We'll check! ;)

Jenny ha detto...

this is a special 10 on 10, as it's Jenny's 29th birthday. She will spend the afternoon at a spa getting a facial and Hawaiian massage, then dinner with us at our house - we will be watching Wesley. Jeff is on tour with his band - currently heading to LA from 2 shows in San Francisco, and they have a show in San Diego on Jenny's birthday. He'll be home on the 18th - Wes & Jenny miss him.

Jenny ha detto...

oops - I'm signed on as Jenny, but this was really from Pat