giovedì 27 dicembre 2007

Christmas time

Christmas has gone this year, but we had a wonderful time meeting friends and family. I finished working last Friday (Dec, 21st) and I am so happy because I am off work until Jan, 14th!!! Anyway my aunt Monica is having her 3rd child (probably today or tomorrow!!!) and the other 2 (Davide, 7 and Eleonora, 4) are on their way to come to our place and stay with us until Monica has the baby and for the first few days when she will be back home with the newborn. We are all soooooo excited about this new baby! We still don't know the name, but we will update the blog as soon as we'll see him at the hospital! So these days off work will be definetely full!!!

But let's go back to our Christmas time...

Dec, 24th - CHRISTMAS EVE IN MILAN:


For the last day before Christmas, we made it to the big city with Ely's mom Adriana! Shopping in Milan is great! Even if we had already bought almost all the gifts, we just wanted to have a look at the glittering window's shops of Via Montenapoleone and the sorroundings, where are located the best brands and the best shops. We made some shopping for ourselves and we bought the last gifts too.


Ely was so happy, because we also went to Sanrio outlet store (she's a big big biiiig Hello Kitty fan) and to the new Tarina Tarantino boutique.
Milan was full of Christmas lights and in the Duomo square there was a huuuge Christmas tree...

We ended our shoppping day at the Leone di Lonato shopping mall, a big new one not too far from Brescia and our favourite at the moment.

Dec, 25th - CHRISTMAS DAY

This year Ely had to work at the theatre right on Christmas day, because at 4.00 pm there was the "Nutcracker". So we planned to stay in town for the traditional Christmas lunch, while our families (parents, grantparents, siblings and so on) were making it in the mountain, where we are used to spend the Christmas day at our grandparent's houses. My family was in Pieve di Bono and Ely's was in Romeno. We went to Ely's aunt Franca and uncle Paolo house right in the city centre, a few steps from the theatre. Here I am just before the lunch...

The lunch was amazing! Too much food! At the end Ely and I could barely stand up!!
Here we are all together:

But it was late and Ely had to run to the theatre. I drove back home and, waiting to digest, I fell asleep on the couch. Fortunately Ely called me on the phone right on time to let me prepare all the things for our night out at my grandparents in Pieve di Bono. In fact, just after the show, I went to pick Ely up and just after 7.00 pm we were already with my grandparents and we spent a delightful evening together.

Dec, 26th - SANTO STEFANO DAY

We wake up early, in the cold of a winter sunny morning in the Giudicarie valley. We had breakfast with my grandparents and after 10 am we were driving to Romeno, where Ely's family was waiting for us for lunch. On the way, we stopped over in Madonna di Campiglio. It's a lovely village, with great ski slopes and a very nice winter resort location and it's now tradition for me and Ely to go there around Christmas every year. There was snow there and many many people, mostly tourists. We had a short walk around, because we didn't have too much time to spend there. But here are some of the amazing views of the mountain and of the village:

We arrived in Romeno just in time for lunch and we spent a nice afternoon playing Playstation games with Ely, her sister and her little cousin Andrea. (and I won!!!!!! hehehe)
We had to be in Trento for dinner, because we had tickets for the "Giselle" at the theatre. Ely is a big ballet fan but for me it was my first classic ballet show ever. I must say, I liked it very much even if it's a very sad story and I am willing to see other ballets in the future. Thank to Ely I am gaining quite a good theatre culture. (^_^)


-Mario

1 commento:

Jenny ha detto...

Merry Christmas Mario & Ely! I remember how beautiful Italy was around Christmas when I was studying there..could I be homesick for my ancestry?

Jeff got a Wii for Christmas..we stayed up late Christmas night playing tennis..not only was I tired for work the next day BUT I also had a sore shoulder (still do in fact).

Sounds like you had a busy and wonderful time. Good thing you have until Jan. 14th to recover!