martedì 23 marzo 2010

Cupcake...mania!!

Our mania for cupcakes began about 2 years ago, after our last trip to the USA in 2008. When we were there, we could experience some different kinds of cupcake and all were delicious. It was the first time that we tried these little cakes with a tasty topping...with different flavors.

At Trophy Cupcake - Seattle, USA

Later, during one of our visits in London, we found out that cupcakes where disembarked in UK as well and now there are some notable cupcake shops where to try these delicious treats. One of our favourite cupcake shop in London is, among the others, "Hummingbird Bakery", in Portobello Road (but there are other Hummingbird bakery shops in Kensington and Soho!!). It's a must to stop when visiting the famous Portobello Road Market on Saturday morning!! :)

At Hummingbird Bakery - London (UK)

Last time we were in London some weeks ago Ely wanted to stop at Waterstones near Piccadilly, to check for some Nigella Lawson's cookbooks and while there I couldn't not notice my perfect book for cupcakes:

And, this is the result of our first try at home...

At home (photos by Ely)

...in just one word : HEAVEN! The recipes on the book are easy and results are just the same as the cupcakes in the shop. The cakes are so soft and delicious. The buttercream frosting sweet but perfect and equilibrated in flavor. I couldn't ask more from a cookbook!!!

And tomorrow...more cupcakes to come. After all, on Thursday (March, 25th) is my birthday and I want to spoil myself at the maximum!!!!!!
I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ CUPCAKES!!!! :))

3 commenti:

Jenny ha detto...

happy early birthday!

i will be sure to get you the trophy cupcake recipe book if they every make one!

alisha ha detto...

Wow, those cupcakes look amazing! I'm glad you picked up the Hummingbird Recipe book. I also love this recipe for vanilla cupcakes. It turns out amazing every time:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Amy-Sedariss-Vanilla-Cupcakes-236125

Happy early birthday!

valuzza ha detto...

they seem so yummy...I never tasted them but I'm looking forward to do it soon in London :)
Your cupcakes look really amazing ;)
Kiss