martedì 17 giugno 2008

3 cakes and 1 special dinner

This one has been a very hectic afternoon...because I had so many duties to accomplish in such a short time...
First of all I had to feed my parent's cats. Due to the fact that my parents, my sister and my grandfather are all together at the sea down in the Southern Italy, I have been released the duty to take care of my parent's cats. Basically every evening I have to go to clean their sands and give them fresh food and water. What a lucky girl I am, don't you think?!? (O_O)
I have never had such a feeling with those kitties...anyway, I care them!
Secondly last week I promised my mother-in-law (to be!) - Mario's mother - that I would have helped her to prepare 3 cakes for the farewell party organized for her retirement from work. She's a teacher in middle school and she's having a party with other teachers at school tomorrow. Basically I had to prepare the cakes, because she doesn't like to bake at all!!! I like it, but after 3 cakes in my oven, after a full afternoon spent to decorate them and after all the mess in my kitchen...I was exhausted!!!

Then, run to pick Mario up at work, because he kindly lent me his car to do all what described above...and after shopping at the grocery store for the planned dinner with my cousins tonight...we had also to arrange the meal (*_*)

We prepared a nice dinner though! Pasta with zucchini and mozzarella cheese, decorated with poppy seeds and rosmary. Lovely!
Guests arrived on time...and had a very pleasant night talking about everything. And tasting some good glasses of chilly white wine, thankfully brought as a present!

Good night, folks!

-Ely (and Mario!)

7 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Thanks. Im Inspired again.

Anonimo ha detto...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

Anonimo ha detto...

And also we ensure that when we enter in this specific blog site we see to it that the topic was cool to discuss and not a boring one.

Jenny ha detto...

did you really make all those cakes yourself? they're gorgeous!

sounds busy, but also very yummy... ;)

VerdeIrlanda ha detto...

wow wow wow!bellissimo!

a proposito stellini,venite nel mio blog,c'è una cosetta per voi!

bacio

VerdeIrlanda ha detto...

c'è una nuova cosetta per voi bimbi belli!
bacio bacio

merry belverud ha detto...

Very nice, Mario & Ely- we look forward to seeing you in Italy!
Merry & Mike