It is time to update our blog other than the 10 on 10s we always enjoy month by month. In fact these past few months Ely and I didn't have much time to write on our blog because we had lots of plans going on and here it comes the big news (that some of you, readers, still know!): this July we are getting married!!! It has been some time since we were thinking about it, but after a mini-vacation we had last November, when we renewed our engagement vows, we started planning it seriously. We made the coming out with our families at Christmas and after with all the other relatives and close friends. Now, it's time to publish on this blog the news, to let all the friends far from us and who read us the happy news about the marriage.
It's not easy to plan everything and conciliate it with work, family and all the rest. Basically we have already chosen everythig:
1. The church where we will get married is in Vigo Lomaso, a little village about half an hour drive from Trento. It is the oldest romanic church of Trentino and it's called San Lorenzo church. It is set on a hill overlooking all the valley. It's not big, but enough for our guests. My uncle Flavio and Ely's uncle Luigi will celebrate the ceremony and now we are thinking about music and decoration in church. Inside there is a beautiful antique organ and we wish there will be someone playing for us on that special day;
2. The reception will follow at Villa di Campo, a beautiful location just 5 minute from the church, in Vigo Lomaso. It is an old villa, recently restored with a shabby chich taste that Ely and I just love! It is exactly what we were looking for. It has incredible interiors (the lunch will be held inside the main tower) and a beautiful exterior, with a big park where we can entertain our guest with an open bar, live music and appetizers. We will spend the night in the Romantic suite and the next day we will have a relaxing treatment at the local spa. Enjoy some photos of the location:
3. Ely has already bought her dress. I haven't seen it, obviously. But she told me it's spectacular. She went quite around some shops with her mum, her sister and her aunt, but at the end she bought it at a local atelier here in Trento. Now it's all top secret and it will be a surprise for everybody. I haven't had time to search for my suit yet, but I am thinking to buy a tight or something like that. I asked my mom to accompany me somewhere in the next weeks...I'll keep you updated.
4. We have already chosen the menu, drinks and wedding cake. All sounds delicious...
5. We are designing invitation cards and wedding favors by ourselves. For invitation cards we have in mind a vintage style, while for the favors we have a theme: tea time. We won't tell more for now, because it will be a surprise for our guests.
6. Honeymoon has been already booked. At first we went to a travel agency, because we wanted to do the registry there. But all the agencies we went to, tried to cheat us with high priced flights and accommodations. So we took some time to think about it and at the end we decided to plan the honeymoon by ourselves, as we always do for our travels. On fist hand we intended to spend it in French Polynesia, but on the second hand we decided to return to the US and spend it before with family and friends in NYC and Seattle, and later go to our tropical dream: Hawaii. On the way back home we will also stopover in L.A. for a couple of days, because we want to go to Disneyland. We have the flights, but we haven't planned all the rest yet. We are reading guides about Hawaii, and the more we read the more we think it must be a great place to visit. We couldn't be more happy for this choice. Hawaii, here we come! ;) Do you have any suggestions about Hawaii?
7. Photographers have already been booked for the wedding. Check it out Tecnofoto2000
Today it's 174 days to go before our wedding.
More updates to come...